Disposable shoe covers as an indispensable tool
Disposable workwear has become an indispensable tool for workers in many sectors during the working day, due to its many advantages. One example of this is disposable shoe covers, which, as their name suggests, cover the wearer's footwear, and are the best protection for shoes and feet in professional fields such as the food processing, health-care and surgical industries.
Single-use shoe covers have the ability to protect users from bacteria that may adhere to shoes or feet after stepping on the surface of any location, while avoiding possible stains. It is very important not to neglect the feet, as we can find more germs on our shoes than, for example, on our hands or arms. It is in contexts where hygiene and protection are necessary that disposable shoe covers play a very important role.
Types of disposable shoe covers
We can find several types of disposable shoe covers depending on the material they are made of, with different characteristics.
- Polyethylene: Single-use shoe covers made of Polyethylene, in addition to avoiding contamination that may be attached to the shoes, are adaptable to the ankle by means of an integrated elastic band, are hypoallergenic and non-sterile.
- Polyethylene CPE: These shoe covers prevent contamination that may be attached to the footwear, are adaptable to the ankle by means of an integrated elastic band, are hypoallergenic, non-sterile and have an embossed material that helps prevent the foot from slipping.
- Non-woven polypropylene: In addition to being used in Clean Rooms, Laboratories, Food Handling, as well as in Health Centres, they can also be used to store footwear at home. They have stitching and an elastic band for a better fit, and are hypoallergenic and non-sterile.
- Non Woven Polypropylene + CPE Sole: These disposable shoe covers have a reinforced sole made of Chlorinated Polyethylene (CPE), which is also heavily embossed for a non-slip effect. They are stitched and rubberised for a better fit and are hypoallergenic and non-sterile.
- Polypropylene: The single-use shoe covers made of Polypropylene have a non-slip sole that prevents contamination and foot slippage due to the heavy embossing on the sole.